No exchange yesterday or today, and one party has moved completion date from 16th Feb to 23rd Feb with no explanation, plus the vendor’s vendor is trying to get 12 parties to sign some residents association paperwork on a private road but one party has been away. Deep breaths … at least no-one’s dropping out. Hubby is on the warpath tomorrow to try and get everyone to at least agree to exchange ASAP so we’re all locked in … means the metal-leg-cat will go into the vet hospital and won’t come to us until after she’s healed, after we’ve moved. The ear cancer cat should be fine by then, and only 14 cats to move on moving day.
Top of the chain has one final query which should be sorted by Friday. Exchange planned for Monday, and completion agreed for the 16th. Moving in 23 days – eek!
All parties except the top of the chain have agreed 16th Feb as target completion date. The top is a couple who are divorcing, so maybe some communication issues there. Fingers crossed for an early response next week, and hopefully exchange date agreed even if it’s for the week after (w/c 29th Jan). I’ll transfer extra into my current account in case we do suddenly need to stump extra for the shortfall between our buyer’s 10% deposit and our 10% deposit to our vendor; our solicitor did query it with his solicitor, but it was a case of ‘We’ll assume you agree unless we hear otherwise.’ Wondering if I should just go ahead and put the buildings and contents insurance in place (already provisionally set up – just need to phone through to fix it) and get the details over to the mortgage company ASAP, as they may need some notice to release the funds. Other buyers have been quoted 7 working days to get the mortgage funds sent through, so realistically I might need to get Natwest to press the Go button by Wednesday 8th Feb to hit completion date. Maybe that’s me overthinking it. I have a feeling it’s all going to suddenly go very fast, with lots of practical arrangements to be made like booking the removal firm, and I don’t want to be the ones causing delays.
Proposed date of 16th Feb for completion from our buyer who can’t access his money till then, and no response so far from people up the chain in the past week (who were pushing for the 2nd or the 9th). Dead silence from our solicitor – the estate agent is trying to find out what’s going on. We’re obviously not exchanging this week, so can’t get everything else organised, like insurance or booking the removals firm. The buyer is coming round for the first time on Tuesday with his architect. So frustrating – we’re both starting to have anxiety dreams. Aargh! Just hanging in there …
Tentative moving date of 9th Feb – hoorah! I’m beginning to feel more and more confident that this wonderful thing is actually going to happen and nobody’s going to drop out. Got major promotion at work this week too, so a year of massive exciting changes.
Our buyer’s solicitor is conducting searches, but apart from that the whole chain is ready and we’re all champing at the bit. Hopefully exchanging in a couple of weeks, and moving early Feb. Hoorah!