No further

Still haven’t exchanged, don’t know when it’s happening, and don’t know what the problem is because the buyer’s first solicitor isn’t talking to anyone including the buyer’s second solicitor or even the buyer himself. Maybe it’ll happen by the end of the week … who knows. We’ve gone beyond Kafka at this point. Nothing we can do to make it happen so just trying to stay calm. We may end up having to move the completion date back again from 12th March if we don’t exchange within the next 8 working days.

Still no exchange

Guess what – we didn’t exchange. Buyer’s solicitor emailed late Thursday night with queries. We gave answers via our solicitor who couldn’t believe he’d left it that late. The buyer knew nothing about the queries and was happy to exchange today, but the only person authorised to release his deposit funds wasn’t in the office today (apparently senior solicitors play golf on Fridays). That’s the short version, without swearwords. Hoping to exchange Monday now. I’m almost beyond caring.

More trauma today

We were expected to suddenly confirm to our buyer’s solicitor that next door’s renovation work was building regs certified. How on earth were we supposed to do that? Fortunately I texted next door’s owner who emailed the certification over straightaway – thank you, Peta, that’s the second time you’ve saved our bacon.

Allegedly we’re exchanging tomorrow.

And another delay

Won’t bore you with the details, but a traumatic couple of days. Now hoping to exchange by the end of this Friday, and completion date is moved to 12th March. I’d quite like to move before I reach State pension age in 2034!

A new exchange date

Now hoping to exchange next Tuesday or Wednesday, and complete on the 23rd. Answered a lot of late stupid questions from the buyer’s solicitor and re-signed a document we’d already signed. Hopefully that’s the last of it – getting bored by the whole thing now.

Spoke too soon

No exchange yesterday or today, and one party has moved completion date from 16th Feb to 23rd Feb with no explanation, plus the vendor’s vendor is trying to get 12 parties to sign some residents association paperwork on a private road but one party has been away. Deep breaths … at least no-one’s dropping out. Hubby is on the warpath tomorrow to try and get everyone to at least agree to exchange ASAP so we’re all locked in … means the metal-leg-cat will go into the vet hospital and won’t come to us until after she’s healed, after we’ve moved. The ear cancer cat should be fine by then, and only 14 cats to move on moving day.