Cat no 16

Female, black and white, 3-4 years, seems to have been abused or beaten after attacking the small child she lived with. Currently being fostered in Wales and has some character issues, but will be transported down to East London over the next couple of weeks and all sorted medically, before she joins our other 15 cats in the van to Kent on moving day. Will spend a month or so in my new study on her own with lots of TLC, then will be given the choice of living in the house or taking up residence in the open-fronted haybarn – whichever she prefers.

No further

Still haven’t exchanged, don’t know when it’s happening, and don’t know what the problem is because the buyer’s first solicitor isn’t talking to anyone including the buyer’s second solicitor or even the buyer himself. Maybe it’ll happen by the end of the week … who knows. We’ve gone beyond Kafka at this point. Nothing we can do to make it happen so just trying to stay calm. We may end up having to move the completion date back again from 12th March if we don’t exchange within the next 8 working days.

Still no exchange

Guess what – we didn’t exchange. Buyer’s solicitor emailed late Thursday night with queries. We gave answers via our solicitor who couldn’t believe he’d left it that late. The buyer knew nothing about the queries and was happy to exchange today, but the only person authorised to release his deposit funds wasn’t in the office today (apparently senior solicitors play golf on Fridays). That’s the short version, without swearwords. Hoping to exchange Monday now. I’m almost beyond caring.

More trauma today

We were expected to suddenly confirm to our buyer’s solicitor that next door’s renovation work was building regs certified. How on earth were we supposed to do that? Fortunately I texted next door’s owner who emailed the certification over straightaway – thank you, Peta, that’s the second time you’ve saved our bacon.

Allegedly we’re exchanging tomorrow.

And another delay

Won’t bore you with the details, but a traumatic couple of days. Now hoping to exchange by the end of this Friday, and completion date is moved to 12th March. I’d quite like to move before I reach State pension age in 2034!

A new exchange date

Now hoping to exchange next Tuesday or Wednesday, and complete on the 23rd. Answered a lot of late stupid questions from the buyer’s solicitor and re-signed a document we’d already signed. Hopefully that’s the last of it – getting bored by the whole thing now.